Weekend outing

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009



Mom bought me to this Thean Hou Temple during weekend. This is a berry bootiful temple and most of the Chinese will come here & do some prayers especially during Chinese New Year.

But too bad I cannot roam freely, so I just stayed in my bag & mom carried me around.

There are many bootiful lantern around the temple & here are some of the Chinese zodiac lantern. Can you spot the doggie lantern??


Yesterday was the last day of Chinese New year and also known as Chap Goh Mei. Chap Go Mei literally means the 15th night of Chinese New Year, which is also known as Chinese’s Valentines in South East Asia. It’s the day (or night) where young single women gather to throw mandarin oranges (or tangerines) into the sea/rive/lake in hope for their future husbands to pick up.

Nowadays, hooman write names and phone numbers onto the oranges instead of just names and hopefully they found someone special in their life.

Since Im a modern dog living in this modern world. I will broke the tradition. I, Twinkle, the boy will throw a oranges too!!! Hehheee...I wrote my name, my number & my blog addy on the orange. But since I cant find any river, lake or sea near my place. I just post it here. Remember, we are in cyberworld now. Wahahahaa.

15 slurpy licks:

Patches February 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

throw that orange over here!!!!

akachester February 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

I called but a police uncle pick up. You sure you written the correct phone no?

Bae Bae February 10, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

How pawsome that you went to visit a temple.
So anyone called you yet?

~ Bae

Unknown February 10, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

T, you sure D allows you to do so ar???

Noah the Airedale February 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Hey Twinkle
Love your travel bag matie. Looks like you get about in style.

tailwags
Noah x

Mango the Maltese kiddo February 10, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I'll call you if I was a girl, Twinkle boy!
Wait, is it a fake phone #?

Emma and Emmy February 11, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

The place is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your fun adventures. :)

Lizzy February 11, 2009 at 3:06 AM  

Twinkle! Ben Ben!

How are you my friends? Thanks for dropping by my blog, I missed ya! I've been thinking about you guys since I've been MIA.

I hope you all have a grrrrEAT day!

Sparky

Simba and Jazzi February 11, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

Looks an interesting trip.

Simba and Jazzi xx

Abby February 11, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Hi, Twinkle...

I really enjoyed hearing about all your Chinese New Year Celebrations...

Abby xxxooo

♪Tobi♪ February 11, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

OOO!!! can i eat that orange?? haha, i love mandarines!!

well this sucks February 11, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

mmmmmmmmmm... orange...

Looks like you had a fun outing!

Lorenza February 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Hi, Twinkle!
"Where young single WOMEN..." hmmmm....
you totally broke the tradition!
Good ciberluck!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Huskee and Hershey February 11, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Eh Twinkle, why you sabo me? I called the number on the orange and some person thought he was being funny by claiming that he is a police. **Bleh**... it was you right?

Joe Stains February 13, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

looks like fun, do you ever get to eat the oranges??

Furry Friends Farm

DWB

Help Find Beau

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP